Commis 1 - European / International Cuisine
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is looking for dynamic, top-quality individuals to join their expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, they provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for their onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join them at sea. Join Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Cruises team today as a Commis 1 in Hot Kitchen in European / International Cuisine.
The COM1 operates under the guidance of the Ex. Sous Chef.
He/she reports to the supervisor on duty (CDP Buffet). He/she is responsible for all food production as indicated in his/her specific job title, the menu plan, recipes and methods. He/she works in various areas of food production on and off the ship. Checks and tastes all food at his/her station. He/she is responsible to take care of all requests from the supervisor on duty. He/she is responsible to inform the supervisor on duty when routine work, for various reasons, cannot be executed in the given time frame and await further instruction. He/she shall report all equipment and machinery defects in his/her area of responsibility.
1. Always work as a team member.
2. Follow âClean as you goâ work habits.
3. Follow safe work habits and notify supervisors of any dangerous or unsafe place in work area.
4. Make frequent suggestions to your direct supervisor in order to bring the standard up and keep your interest on the job.
5. Be familiar with your job in your area.
6. Responsible for the preparation of all foods as ordered by the 1st.Cook.
7. Responsible for consistency, taste, quality and quantity of all foods prepared by you.
8. Responsible for storing of all food up to USPH specifications.
9. Make sure to ask your supervisor for permission first before working overtime.
10. Be ready for all meal hours, at least 10 minutes before opening the dining facilities.
11. Enforce that daily cleaning procedures are strictly adhered to in accordance with USPH standards.
12. Ensure that all food service lines are opened and securely closed on time.
13. Report all problems immediately to your supervisors on duty.
14. Be food cost conscious, check wastage.
15. Cleaning procedure on a daily basis according to company standards and U.S. Public Health.
16. All prepared food is to be handled with plastic gloves only.
17. All scheduled meetings have to be attended on time.
18. Always keep your cabin clean. No food items, hotel utensils etc. allowed in cabin.
19. Keep your personal appearance in top shape and to company standards, lead by example.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
1 year as Commis 1 & 2 years (COM2/COM3) experience in continental section in 4-5 star hotel/restaurant environment. Good cooking skills. Good oral and some written communication. Has the ability to taste all foods to assure correct preparation.
Able to train subordinates in all USPH matters and quality food production in the special order station.