Commis 1 Cold Kitchen - Continental Cuisine
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is looking for dynamic, top-quality individuals to join their expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, they provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for their onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join them at sea. Join Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Cruises team today as a Commis 1 in Cold Kitchen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To support Celebrity Cruisesâ mission of becoming âthe worldâs ultimate premium cruise line with a taste
of luxury,â all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruisesâ
Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and
throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Celebrity Cruisesâ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through
Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and Celebrity Family Member (CFM) areas.
2. Works with the Pantry Chef/Head Pantry/Cook Pantry in the pantry salad, pantry appetizer or specialty galley. Assignments can be changed from time to time for training purposes.
3. Works on the pantry production and will be directly involved in the quality, consistency and quantities of the product, following recipes and instructions from his/her supervisors.
4. Assists with the transportation of food items from the main stores to the working area when assigned.
5. Duties include the cleaning and sanitizing of his/her working area and utensils, following the United States Public Health rules and regulations and all times.
6. Will be assigned from time to time in an early standby in the pantry for USPH purposes.
7. Will be assigned from time to time to be on late duty in the midnight buffet service.
8. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the shipâs standard
operation, in order to assist guests and CFMs with inquiries.
9. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
10. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position.
Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor
* 1 year as Commis 1 & 3-5 years recent experience in Pantry / Cold kitchen section of a 4-5 star hotel / resort
* Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
* Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.