Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
10 Jan 2017
Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies. Wyndham Vacation Ownership, a member of Wyndham Worldwide's (NYSE: WYN) family of companies, is the world's largest vacation ownership business, as measured by the number of vacation ownership resorts, individual vacation ownership units and owners of vacation ownership interests. Wyndham Vacation Ownership develops, markets and sells vacation ownership interests and provides consumer financing to owners through its five primary consumer brands, CLUB WYNDHAM, WorldMark by Wyndham, Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific, Shell Vacations Club and Margaritaville Vacation ClubÂ®. As of December 31, 2014, we have developed or acquired more than 200 vacation ownership resorts in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and the South Pacific that represent more than 24,000 individual vacation ownership units and more than 900,000 owners of vacation ownership interests. Wyndham Vacation Ownership is headquartered in Orlando, Fla., and is supported by more than 17,000 associates globally.
As one of FORTUNE Magazine's Most Admired Companies, Wyndham Worldwide is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. A promise to be responsive to needs, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience. It's more than a promise, at Wyndham it's been recognized as a commitment, visible in our awards including Newsweek's 100 Greenest Companies, Diversity Inc's 25 Noteworthy Companies and Ethisphere Institute Lists of the World's Most Ethical Companies amongst others. Come and join our Wyndham Family and discover the rewards for your career.
Wyndham Vacation Ownership is currently seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst. The Sr. Financial Analyst will Produce, deliver and provide in-depth analysis in regards to sales and marketing commission for all business units for Wyndham Vacation Ownership brands.
- The Sr. Analyst will provide comprehensive analytical support.
- This position will contribute to the ongoing design and implementation of models and reports.
- The analyst will create, produce and provide timely, accurate, and useful results and analysis to the Company's decision makers.
- Communicate with all levels of leadership to achieve the organization goals.
- The Sr. Analyst will also lead discussions with peers and become the subject matter expert.
- Actively create a culture of maximizing profitability and service delivery partnering with internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate with IT, in regards to development of reporting and analytical data needs.
- Establish effective working relationships with peers in sales, marketing, accounting & HR.
- Establish a culture of continuous process improvement by establishing and executing upon standard operating procedures.
- Provide tracking against specific key performance metrics while providing recommendations to improve results
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work in conjunction with Operations and HR to understand the sales and marketing compensation plans and identify customers and their needs.
- Develop and produce consistent measurements on sales and marketing compensation plans with analysis of key drivers and performance levels.
- Locate and consolidate data from numerous sources and provides ad-hoc reporting to support decisions and provide conclusions.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining analytical reporting and proforma.
- Perform financial statement research and analysis, including development and preparation of financial management reports, identifying significant trends to assist with forecasting and management decisions related to future incentive plans.
- Coordinate with IT to identify efficiencies in data gathering and system outputs.
- Stay abreast of additions and changes to incentives plans to ensure the data provided is accurate.
- Identify process improvements for continuous improvement efforts.
- Timely research and resolution of customer inquiries.
- Completion of special projects and research issues as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance or other closely related field required.
- MBA highly preferred.
Knowledge and skills
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Self-starter who will source data and recommend conclusions with minimal supervision
- Excellent strategic, analytical and creative thinking aptitude in both an independent and team environment.
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Must be self-motivated, being able to manage multiple projects while incorporating work style with team objectives
- Must be well organized and able to perform under stressful situations
- Must be able to communicate and partner effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must be decision-minded, capable of providing senior management clear paths to optimal results desired
- Microsoft Office: Excel - super user
- Minimum three (3) years of heavy financial analysis and reporting experience required
- Microsoft Excel experience, Heavy Excel knowledge required
- Time Share, Hotel or Travel Industry experience a plus
- Experience in compensation/ payroll financial analysis a plus.
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement. Benefits
A career at Wyndham offers you great benefit opportunities with a competitive package of salary, benefits, and recognition. In addition to great employee discounts on such travel related areas as hotel & lodging, car rentals & other goods & services, you will receive:
- Medical/dental and vision care plans
- A 401(k) program that matches dollar for dollar up to 6% of salary (to government max)
- Programs that include Flexible Spending Accounts, short & long term disability, life insurance & educational assistance amongst others
Along the way, you will have an opportunity to contribute to improving the world around us through our volunteer efforts and global sustainability program, Wyndham Green.
Come and be part of One Family, One Team, One Company . . . Wyndham