Manager - Quality - United Arab Emirates
Scope of Responsibilities
Take leadership in managing quality management system. Develop and implement project specific quality plans, perform internal and external audits, manage client liaison and supplier quality performance and coordinate completion of all QA/QC activities.
· Establish Project Quality team and organization, develop Project Quality Plan, identify key procedures and monitor implementation.
· Preparation of project quality plan with details on quality practices, resources and sequence of activities relevant to a particular contract/project.
· Review /approve Quality Audit schedule for each project encompassing the specific project requirements.
· Appraise vendor’s capability to provide suitable product/service.
· Convene pre-inspection meetings and approve inspection and test plan and procedures.
· Ensure proper planning for inspection activities. Ensure availability of all necessary documents at inspection release and implement suitable corrective actions.
· Maintain cordial relationship with Client Representative and ensure that client quality requirements are understood, agreed and fulfilled.
· Ensure project KPI’s are defined, measured, monitored and actions implemented for any identified gap.
· Monitor and analyze Customer Satisfaction.
· Analyze quality information (audit results, process / product non-conformities, feedback etc.) and identify corrective and preventive actions.
· Conduct management review of the quality management system and monitor implementation of management review actions.
· Control and the distribution of all the companies quality documentation.
· Monitor all quality related activities on the project.
· ensure all internal and external audits are carried out as planned.
· Verify contractor quality requirements are specified to vendors and contractor documentation submittals.
· Attend all pre-bid meetings and coordinate all project requirements with the project bidders.
· Attend client quality management meetings.
· ensure the project quality system management documentation prior to project commencement are prepared.
· ensure the disposition of all issued non-conformance reports.
· ensure the progress and effectiveness of the project quality management system.
Recommend and implement improvements when required.
· Coordinate all QA/QC activities with the site QC Manager.
· Coordinate all quality related correspondence with the customers representatives.
· Compile monthly reports and submit to Quality Director.
· Monitor statistical method reporting, monthly KPIs.
· ensure all customer complaints closed appropriately.
· Control all archived documentation upon the completion of the project.
· Manage a multi discipline team of QA/QC personnel. Align the quality resources with business needs and assure effective coverage of the project.
· Review quality inspection personnel qualifications and training requirements
Decision Making Authority
.All decisions related to the contractual requirements with respect to deviations on inspection, material, metallurgy, welding, NDT, painting, stamping and obtaining required signatory approvals.
.Decisions limited to the scope of defining quality requirements and ensuring Quality conformance. Consults with supervisor on all other major issues.
Manage a team of QA/QC Engineers as applicable.
Frequent Internal Contacts with, project management, engineering, procurement, construction and project control. External contacts include Clients, Third party agencies, suppliers and Subcontractors.
Minimum Job Requirement
.Engineering Degree in a related subject. (Mandatory).
.Should have managed mega projects (Min. US$ 600+) in an LSTK environment representing Main Contractors with at least 20+ years experience, out of which minimum 6 – 7 years of overall management experience required.
.Preferable certifications in relevant discipline, QMS Lead Auditor, ASNT/CSWIP 3.2 & BGAS