Etihad Airways is an award winning, global aviation group and the national carrier of the United Arab Emirates. Our goal is to be a truly 21st century global airline, challenging and changing the established conventions of airline hospitality. # LI-D Etihad Airways Engineering, the Middle East's leading aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) provider, has become the first organization in the Middle East to be granted an extended Part21J Design Organization Approval (DOA) by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) to undertake major cabin design and modification. We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the Design function at a Managerial level within the Projects and Innovation team. As Production Manager, you will add immediate value to the Design Organization (Part 145 and Part 21J) by leading the Part 21G team and overseeing the in-house manufacturing and subcontracting of aircraft parts production This role will unlock opportunities for you, enabling you to further develop your expertise within a progressive culture where a huge emphasis is placed on investing in the best talent. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Implement the Function/Department strategy to ensure alignment with Company's strategy
- Policies and Procedures
Implement relevant policies, processes and procedures and monitor adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner
- Day-to-Day Operations
Manage the day-to-day operations by providing guidance, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards
- People development
Manage the effective achievement of objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff in order to maximize performance
- Safety, Quality & Environment
Comply with all relevant safety, security, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that EY Eng's procedures and standards are complied with when carrying out Production, incl. compliance with Health and Safety Regulation.
- Establish a system and procedure for issuing of EYEng EASA Form 1 for the completed parts in compliance with 21.A.163 (c), including clear instructions for filling of the Form 1 in respect of parts/prototype parts or test samples.
- Establish the necessary agreement with each sub-contractor, including an Arrangement letter for the coordination with each sub-contractor. Ensure that all sub-contract orders are correctly detailed and that the requirements of the contract/order are fulfilled in respect of inspection and quality control.
- Establish arrangement with respective DOA for the production work to be performed in accordance with TPM 11-1. Provide feedback to the Quality System about the services provided by contracted organizations and Subcontractors.
- Ensures through the workforce under his/her control that the quality of workmanship in the final product is to a standard acceptable to EYEng and EASA.
- Ensure the working environment and facilities are appropriate for the planned work, including workshops, office accommodation, stores and archives as applicable for the planned work. Ensure availability of tools, equipment and materials to perform the planned tasks.
- Develop and maintain a production planning system appropriate to the amount and complexity of the scope of production work.
- Ensure availability of sufficient competent personnel to plan, perform, supervise, inspect and certify the work being performed.
- Ensure availability of all necessary approved data as required by EASA Part 21 subpart G.
- Lead the Production Planners, POA Officer, Technical Records Officer and Shop Manager by clearly assigning his/her tasks. Set Performance Objectives in accordance with Etihad's Performance Management process and review progress on quarterly basis.
- Ensure effective Status Reporting, so that contractual, budget or timeline changes are communicated in time to react and keep Production on track.
- Project Accounting - ensure that Production working hours and expenses are captured and allocated to the respective customer. Manage spend against allocated budgets, coordinate Quotations and RFP responses with Technical Sales.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree in the field of Engineering, Production Management or Business Administration. Degree in Engineering in combination with Production Management Studies would be the preferred qualification profile
- Minimum 5 years recent experience in Aviation Engineering and/or Technical Management, Workshop Management, Production Management, incl. running teams of Production staff. Knowledge about the relevant P21 G EASA or FAA regulation is desired.
TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE
- Design Engineering, Part 21 and 145 Engineering, Drawing System, Engineering Orders, CAD Software, MRO Quality System, ERP Software workflows, Project management, risk management, change management, strategic planning, and financial controlling. Detailed knowledge of technical management and aviation industry regulations.
COMMUNICATION & WORKING REALATIONSHIPS
- Requires effective verbal and written communication with internal and external stakeholders, vendors and subcontractors. Must be able to communicate effectively on formal, contractual terms and on informal level.
- Primary interfaces with Senior Management, Design Engineering, Fleet Development Contracts, Procurement, Finance, Controlling, Warranty and Fleet Development organization. Ability to communicate projects updates and status to Executive level (VP).
- Ability to influence Manager/Senior Manager (Head) to ensure project outcomes.
- Ability to manage and coach staff to deliver specific tasks and to operate within corporate guidelines. Highly skilled communication with vendors, kit manufacturers, material suppliers, MRO Production and external customers is needed.
Â About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways began operations in 2003, and in 2015 carried 17.4 million passengers. From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to or has announced plans to serve 116 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. The airline has a fleet of around 120 Â Airbus and Boeing aircraft, with approximately 200 aircraft on firm order, including 66 Boeing 787s, 25 Â Boeing 777Xs, 62 Airbus A350s and five Airbus A380s.
Etihad Airways holds equity investments in airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways, Virgin Australia, and Swiss-based Darwin Airline, trading as Etihad Regional. Etihad Airways, along with airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Etihad Regional, Jet Airways and NIKI, also participate in Etihad Airways Partners, a new brand that brings together like-minded airlines to offer customers more choice through improved networks and schedules and enhanced frequent flyer benefits.Â For more information, please visit: www.etihad.com