Â Let your career take off with the World's Leading Airline, Etihad Airways. Work in the forefront of the aviation industry, with the airline that has reimagined the flying experience through its pioneering products and services. We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the Etihad Airways treasury function at Managerial level . As Treasury Manager you will add immediate value by managing key strategic elements of the treasury back office, and global transactional banking operations of the airline including treasury payments and settlement, funding of operations. The geographical scope of the role covers more than 100 on line and off-line locations and counties of operation of the airline, ensuring effective provision, integration and operation of banking infrastructure, and treasury operations support to outstations. The role operates as part of the centralized Group Treasury in Abu Dhabi and also works closely with Etihad regional outstations as well as the senior finance teams of Etihad Equity Partners. This role will unlock opportunities for you, enabling you to further develop your expertise within a progressive culture where a huge emphasis is placed on investing in the best talent.
Implement the Function/Department strategy to ensure alignment with Company strategy
- Policies and Procedures
Implement relevant policies, processes and procedures and monitor adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner
- Day-to-Day Operations
Manage the day-to-day operations by providing guidance, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards
- People development
Manage the effective achievement of objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff in order to maximize performance
- Safety, Quality & Environment
Comply with all relevant safety, security, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
- Manage and oversee all daily treasury operations processes relating to commodity hedging, including the confirmations, settlements reconciliations and relationship with counterparty banks.
- Ensuring that all hedging documentation is correctly completed, double checking the pricing and settlement calculations.
- Be the single point of contact for Treasury dealing team and counterparty banks for any commodity hedging operational queries.
- Manage and lead on transactional banking relationships and the related bank accounts, bank singing mandates, integration with electronic banking, ERP systems and treasury systems. Prepare the treasury operations budget and monitor operational expenses and operations bank charges on an ongoing basis.
- Build and maintain strong strategic relationships with key senior finance members from Etihad Equity Partner Airlines and work with the Deputy Treasury and Treasury Operations Manager on cost saving and centralization projects.
- Prepare manage and discuss management information relating to commodity hedging on a periodic basis.
- Implement, review and control operational producers relating to commodity risk management, ensuring consistency with the overall Group Treasury strategy.
- Develop, document, review and monitor policies and procedures for the treasury operations area and ensure compliance against these policies and procedures.
- Support the Deputy Treasurer and Treasury Operations Manager on ad-hoc projects such as synergies project with partner airlines, due diligence reviews of strategic investment opportunities.
- Provide guidance and recommendation to Treasury Management as to "Best Practice" for Fuel Hedging Settlement's and confirmation processes. Engagement with Etihad's risk management system REVAL for potential process improvements is required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Finance, business, accounting, investment etc or professional qualification such as ACT, ACI, CTP
- Treasury and Risk management system knowledge required, i.e. OpenLink
- Minimum of 3 years experience in treasury background either in a corporate environment or banking.
- Strong experience with the integration between treasury, ERP and banking systems.
- Highly skilled with MS Office products including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Familiarity with financial/accounting principles
- Ability to communicate complex and technical points clearly both verbally and in writing
- Able to rapidly assimilate and synthesize lots of information quickly
- Able to work effectively in cross-functional teams and strong project management experience.
- Business Understanding skills - Advanced
- Planning & Organizing skills - Advanced
- Presentation skills - Excellent
- Report Writing skills - Excellent
Â About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways began operations in 2003, and in 2015 carried 17.4 million passengers. From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to or has announced plans to serve 116 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. The airline has a fleet of around 120 Â Airbus and Boeing aircraft, with approximately 200 aircraft on firm order, including 66 Boeing 787s, 25 Â Boeing 777Xs, 62 Airbus A350s and five Airbus A380s.
Etihad Airways holds equity investments in airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways, Virgin Australia, and Swiss-based Darwin Airline, trading as Etihad Regional. Etihad Airways, along with airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Etihad Regional, Jet Airways and NIKI, also participate in Etihad Airways Partners, a new brand that brings together like-minded airlines to offer customers more choice through improved networks and schedules and enhanced frequent flyer benefits.Â For more information, please visit: www.etihad.com