AMADEUS -Business Solutions Manager
Let your career take off with the World's Leading Airline, Etihad Airways. Work in the forefront of the aviation industry, with the airline that has reimagined the flying experience through its pioneering products and services. We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the Etihad Airways Amadeus Subsidiary at Manager level. As Manager - Web Services & IT Delivery you will add immediate value by providing API & Web Services Consultancy and other strategic products support to Amadeus top customers. This position serves as functional/technical expert to new or existing customers integrating Web Services and other strategic solutions within their systems. This role will unlock opportunities for you, enabling you to further develop your expertise within a progressive culture where a huge emphasis is placed on investing in the best talent. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBLITIES Pre-Sales and IT Consultancy Support
- Design and Deliver IT workshops to industry groups and potential customers. Requires deep knowledge of the travel and IT industry and very good knowledge of Amadeus portfolio of solutions.
- Monitor the delivery, adoption and success of assigned Amadeus Products and Solutions to Corporations and Top Travel agencies. Work with commercial teams to drive success and increase Amadeus Product Adoption.
- Project management, Implementation and Co-ordination
- Collect and analyse customer business goals, needs and key requirements by liaison with sales staff and directly with customers
- Participate in ACO commercial processes in order to identify needs and requirements and add value through presentations on benefits from Business Solutions
- Participate to discussion with pre-sales, Account Managers, clusters/regions
- Participate to pre-sales workshop for customers' when requested
Deliver Web Services Consultancy & Expertise
- Manage, drive, track and follow-up assigned customer projects from project kick-off through application certification.
- Provide functional expertise/support before, during and after implementation.
- Create access to the development environment and co-ordinate specialised customer test requirements.
- Perform functional specifications analysis and validationÂ
- Conduct integration testing with third parties.
- Authorise/sign-off certification of customer application prior to production implementation.
- Demonstrate the capability to work independentlyÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Lead & Deliver Web services and Online Travel Agency Strategy
- Ensure required features and benefits kept up-to-date in company Products & Solutions Portfolio.
- Project Manage all aspects of product provision and delivery including coordination of timing and resources with all other departments in Amadeus Gulf and the Regional Office. Coordinate activities with relevant Parties (GULF Market, Central, ACO's departments, 3rd Parties, etc.) in order to provide full understanding of requirements and priorities
- Understand Amadeus central product strategies and advise/adjust its fit to the Gulf Region business needs
- Contribute as required to successful completion of central solution development
- Ensure critical product issues or problems are promptly and adequately resolved
- Manage products specialists to ensure they are in budget and delivering as per defined products and solutions strategy and targets.
Product targets & cost saving
- Control and deliver product cost budget of 500,000 AED and local product revenue of 100,000 AED that is assigned under your responsibility.
- Manage Assigned Products Billings with Amadeus Central Office.
- Deploy Product & Solutions to meet defined annual product targets.
- Work with marketing team to drive product adoption with OTAs.
- Work with marketing team to increase product awareness and sales.
- Collaborate with marketing team to drive new product campaigns.
- Assist with organizing products related events.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Business, IT or Relevant degree from recognized UniversityÂ
- Significant qualification or experience in Product Management and Amadeus Central systems
- Airline, GDS, IT and Travel operations knowledge and experience essential
- Other IT related (Microsoft, CISCO) certifications are considered an advantage.
- 3 years experience with Amadeus Web services and the Online Travel Agency Business.
- Excellent project management experience and external presentation skills.
- Experience leading workshops with top travel agency customers.
- Experience in business process optimization and ability to âsell' concept to customers at high level
- Deep rooted Travel domain and solutions delivery experienceÂ
- Superb knowledge of Amadeus products and solutions
- Strong understanding of Amadeus Web services support and solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of travel agency operations and business requirements
- Project management practices.
- Needs to be dynamic and work at a very fast pace
- Computer skills -Â Excellent
- Analytical skills -Â Excellent
- Business Understanding skills -Â Excellent
- Negotiation skills -Â Excellent
Â About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways began operations in 2003, and in 2015 carried 17.4 million passengers. From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to or has announced plans to serve 116 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. The airline has a fleet of around 120 Â Airbus and Boeing aircraft, with approximately 200 aircraft on firm order, including 66 Boeing 787s, 25 Â Boeing 777Xs, 62 Airbus A350s and five Airbus A380s.
Etihad Airways holds equity investments in airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways, Virgin Australia, and Swiss-based Darwin Airline, trading as Etihad Regional. Etihad Airways, along with airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Etihad Regional, Jet Airways and NIKI, also participate in Etihad Airways Partners, a new brand that brings together like-minded airlines to offer customers more choice through improved networks and schedules and enhanced frequent flyer benefits.Â For more information, please visit: www.etihad.com