Senior Manager Network Development - UAE National
Â Let your career take off with the World's Leading Airline, Etihad Airways. Work in the forefront of the aviation industry, with the airline that has reimagined the flying experience through its pioneering products and services. We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the Etihad Airways Strategy & Planning function at Senior Manager level. As Senior Manager Network Development you will add immediate value by managing the schedule planning requirements related to evaluation of aircraft types, providing professional consultancy in the aircraft selection process, supervise the economic evaluation of various new route options, and collaboration opportunities, in order to achieve the best commercial objectives of enhanced profits and fleet and route network development This role will unlock opportunities for you, enabling you to further develop your expertise within a progressive culture where a huge emphasis is placed on investing in the best talent.
Participate in the formulation and implementation of the Function/Department strategy to ensure the alignment with Etihad's strategy
- Policies and Procedures
Participate in the development and implementation of policies, processes and procedures to ensure all relevant procedural/ regulatory/legislative requirements are fulfilled
- Budget Management
Contribute to the preparation of the Function/Department budget to ensure alignment with the approved set budget
- People development
Manage the effective achievement of objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff in order to maximize subordinate performance
- Safety, Quality & Environment
Comply with all relevant safety, security, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
- Review complex and strategic analysis executed by the Network Management team to ensure effectiveness, accuracy and compliance to internal standards
- Participate in the decision making process of schedule changes impacting key routes to ensure the feasibility and profitability of the change
- Participate in the development of network strategy and oversee implementation to increase optimization and efficiency
- Design long and short-term Operating Plans through effective deployment of fleet to ensure continuous growth and profitability
- Evaluate strategic alternatives in network planning, such as aircraft redeployment scenarios, fleet mix and interior specifications and suggest improvements in fleet operations in terms of weight savings and performance enhancements, to maximize cost efficiencies and revenue potential.
- Participate in the selection and definition of partners and partnership agreements to ensure top management decisions is supported by relevant data
- Provide timely advice to support all network planning and development activities to ensure maximum network profitability.
- Manage the assessment, evaluation and contracting of feasible passenger charters on ad hoc basis, to ensure that demand is properly met to maximize profitability for the Airways Group
- Oversee the management of a monthly process to optimize profitability and short term network optimization within the upcoming crew month
- Take decisions on key seasonal schedule changes to optimize profitability ensuring maximum connectivity (including capacity adjustment, frequency, departure/arrival time)
- Lead the development of business cases for the identification of new routes and major capacity changes to ensure the optimization of the route and alliance network
- Confirm operational feasibility of new routes and of changes with Network Operations, to ensure clear and timely communications on new plans
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Diploma (2 years or more).
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience within revenue optimization in an airline industry.
- Strong knowledge in excel and data analysis
- Experience in presenting business cases at a senior management level
- Experience in the Project Management
- Team management
- Analytical skills - Excellent
- Business Understanding skills - Excellent
- Planning & Organizing skills - Excellent
- Project Management skills - Excellent
- Relationship Management skills - Excellent
Â About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways began operations in 2003, and in 2015 carried 17.4 million passengers. From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to or has announced plans to serve 116 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. The airline has a fleet of around 120 Â Airbus and Boeing aircraft, with approximately 200 aircraft on firm order, including 66 Boeing 787s, 25 Â Boeing 777Xs, 62 Airbus A350s and five Airbus A380s.
Etihad Airways holds equity investments in airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways, Virgin Australia, and Swiss-based Darwin Airline, trading as Etihad Regional. Etihad Airways, along with airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Etihad Regional, Jet Airways and NIKI, also participate in Etihad Airways Partners, a new brand that brings together like-minded airlines to offer customers more choice through improved networks and schedules and enhanced frequent flyer benefits.Â For more information, please visit: www.etihad.com