Responsible to greet arriving guests, welcome them into the establishment and seat them. He/She should be a personal representation of the service and overall hospitality of the staff of the restaurant.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To meet and greet guests in a friendly, professional, and courteous manner, accurately and efficiently handling all restaurant reservation and table assignment, enhancing the hotelâs reputation for excellence
2. To ensure that the uniform provided is kept clean, presentable and in good condition, ensuring that personal appearance and hygiene standards are an example for the team and demonstrate a professional image for our guests
3. To attend pre-service briefings for daily updates & brief all colleagues on booking status and guests / bookings specifics
4. To ensure that reservations are handled in a friendly and professional manner
5. To prepare the table plans according to reservation sheets
6. To organize the menus for each service and ensure they are cleaned and in good condition
7. The ability to assist in any other restaurant related tasks as required by the management.
8. To present the menu and ability to have a full and in-depth knowledge of the menu offering
9. Record guest preference and record in guest history folio
10. To ensure that guests are seated according to their requirements
11. To liaise with the managers regarding any relevant guest requirements
12. To wish âFarewellâ to all guests, encouraging repeat customers
13. To ensure that stationary supplies are kept to appropriate stock levels
14. Check menus stock level