Chef De Cuisine
Responsible for the day to day management of the culinary team in his charge in his designated kitchen.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintains a high level of food quality as per Culinary standards, whilst following Menus, Recipe formats and directions.
2. Continually reviews and refreshes menu items by taking into account of local and regional preferences.
3. Ensures an organized Outlet; adheres to ordering procedures, store room policies and cleaning cycles. Frequently gives suggestions on process improvement.
4. Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in Kitchen management, menu planning and operational skills.
5. Liaise daily with front of the house to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
6. Ensuring maximum guests satisfaction while operating within the budget.
7. Monitors the consistency of preparation and presentation in all food production areas to ensure that they conform to the requisite standards.
8. Seeking opportunities to increase food & beverage revenue and maximize departmental productivity
9. Attains and maintains the sanitation policies (HACCP) as required by the regional governing body and as instructed by the Hygiene Manager.
10. Leads by example through passionate, hands on approach. Remains visible in the Outlet and assists team members in all aspects of the operation.
11. Displays personal ownership and responsibility for the efficient operation of the Outlet.
Consistently remains pro-active and familiarizes himself daily with the latest financial results in his Outlet as well as the overall Hotel.
12. Continuously strives for product enhancement and quality improvement particularly in regard to experimentation with different cooking methods.
13. Creates Culinary experiences using the finest ingredients and following seasonal availability of produce. Retains open lines of communication with food suppliers in order to source new supplies and special offers.
14. Fosters excellent personal guest interaction skills. Spends time with guests on an entertaining and informative level. Seeks direct feedback and resolves complaints as they arise to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction.
15. Motivates his team by being an inspiring leader. Builds a strong team where people enjoy working and having fun. Gives directions, sets objectives, embraces empowerment and keeps his Chefs accountable for their performance
16. Ensures optimum Productivity by monitoring team efficiency. Supports âmulti-taskingâ as a work ethic. Insists that all Menus are known intimately and adheres to Recipes thoroughly and accurately.
17. Keeps abreast of updated and international Hospitality trends.