Director Franchise Operations – MEA
Director Franchise Operations - MEA
12 Jun 2017
The incumbent will be responsible for the overall performance of the WHG franchised hotels within the EMEA region / sub-region and will be required to establish, support, maximize and maintain relationships with both existing and new franchisees /owners and General Managers, in order to drive overall performance i.e. system contribution, revenue maximisation, quality and guest service measures, operational excellence, compliance and brand engagement.
The Director - Franchise Operations will manage critical relationships with key stakeholders, for example, hotel ownership companies the success of which will have a fundamental influence on the company's balance sheet. This individual will add value in respect to both the operating business of the hotels with focus on opening/conversion of new hotels according to brand standards as early as possible, quality, brand engagement, revenue management, service and financial measures. This person will engage with the franchisee community throughout their designated territory to maintain the service, quality & consistencies of approach required by our brands and enhance overall performance of the hotels.
The incumbent will be responsible for the full cycle of operational support and will be required to document and deliver a strategic plan for the support, enhanced performance and ongoing retention of the hotels within their remit, acting as an ambassador for WHG and each of its brands, as well as being a consultant to each individual property.
They will act as an ambassador for the organization as well as the key point of contact for critical clients within the region.
This individual will have a broad liaison throughout the organization and externally at all levels and functions and will therefore forge and nurture strong relationships with decision makers within the franchise community as well as internally.
The Director - Franchise Operations will be required to visit each franchised hotel min. 1-2 times annually and touring the entire hotel (front of house &heart of house) giving general operational and brand specific advice and guidance whilst exercising the highest level of influence within this work group as their actions will have a significant impact. He/she will work with a high level of autonomy and will therefore be in the position to make critical decisions on behalf of the business.
- Highest level of proactivity and autonomous working required due to the dispersed nature of the primary client base
- The Director - Franchise Operations acts as an ambassador for all Wyndham Hotel Group departments as part of a unified team and is able to identify and access the necessary resources to make consultative recommendations. They are the first point of contact for key stakeholders and their teams and therefore play an integral part in strengthening the company's value proposition with the franchised community
Key Performance Indicator Responsibility
As part of the Brand Operations team, the Director - Franchise Operations activity has a direct impact on the company's revenue generation along with support from their functional specialist colleagues and therefore contributes to the overall revenue performance of Wyndham Hotel Group. Quantifiable measurement will be based on comparison of year on year results in the following key performance indicators;
- RevPar Growth
- Royalty Fees Income
- Level of outstanding debt amounts
- Satisfaction surveys from franchisees
- Brand engagement
- QA and Guest satisfaction results
- Wyndham Rewards enrolments
This individual will measure these regularly for each of the hotels within their territory and will themselves be measured on moving these constantly upward. In particular they have a high level of responsibility for the collection and recovery of aged debt and therefore the impact of this on the Company's cash flow.
Alongside the professional competencies outlined below, the successful candidate will demonstrate the fundamentals of Wyndham Worldwide's Count on Me! Service Culture to be Responsive, Respectful and Deliver a Great Experience. This will form the cornerstone of their approach as they carry out all tasks with the Count on Me! Building Blocks in mind;
Compassionate, Engaged, Dependable, Courteous, Engaged, Inclusive, Hospitable, Prepared and Personalised.
Initiates, builds and maintains lasting professional relations based on mutual respect and understanding. Several touchpoints with franchisees and General Managers of each individual hotel during the year (visits, conference calls, direct calls, cluster meetings, trainings, business review meetings etc.)
Takes an innovative approach to problem solving applying the best fit solution for the situation in hand
Communicates clearly and effectively written and verbally. Fosters an open and honest communication style and has strong presentation skills.
Able to read, analyze and summarize numerical or verbal data in order to assess a commercial situation and present a compelling business case based real information.
All this by protecting individual data and ensuring confidentiality
Able to consider, understand and empathize with the priorities and challenges of others
Commercial and financial acumen
Demonstrates good knowledge in commercial and financial fundamentals, able to predict the impact of particular activities on the bottom line of the business
Makes purposeful observations and recommendations to create positive improvements and advances for the customer
Fosters a customer oriented approach; responsive and respectful in keeping with the fundamental concept of hospitality
Adaptable and accepting of change, able to cope with an evolving business landscape applying the best fit solution to each unique situation
Takes a planned and organized approach to their work and is able to work affectively without daily supervision
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent, ideally within a hospitality or related discipline
- Proven track record as a Hotel General Manager, Cluster or Regional General Manager, or functional regional Manager with full P&L responsibility
- Significant experience in hotel operations and a sales/customer service environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is mandatory
- Able to undertake regular national and international travel, including nights away from home
- Must be able to travel regularly (e.g. 50% ) throughout the EMEA sub-region
- Proven capability in strategic planning and commercial acumen
- Proven experience in a multinational and multicultural business environment
- Experience of a franchised environment would by an advantage