PROCUREMENT ENGINEER - Qatar
10 Years experience oil, gas, petrochemical, petroleum plant.
Duration- 2 Years
Bachelor in Engineering (preferably Mechanical, Instrument or Industrial) from
accredited University. 10 to 12 years experience in oil/gas or petrochemical or
fertilizer or process industries out which 8-10 years relevant experience in
Procurement, Material/Supply Management function.
• Professional Certification in Procurement / Material/Supply Chain Management
will be an advantage.
• Knowledge of the latest purchasing policies, procedures & practice prevailing in
• Able to work independently within the company .established procedure /
quldeltnes supporting users in the fulfilment of requirement without
compromising in quality,
• Experience on lining up. long term supply contract / rate agreements and good
knowledge of Inca-terms, Insurance, contractual terms & conditions with
international/multi-national exposure. Experience on lining up long term
contracts / rate agreements and good knowledge of Inca-terms, Insurance,
contractual terms & conditions with international/multi-national exposure.
• Cost conscious , Skills in negotiating, problem solving, analytical approach,
• In-depth knowledge of the products to be procured and its specification to
• Aware & experienced in International Commercial/Legal/Contractual and
l.oqlstlcs, Insurance terms/conditions & terminologies. .
• Team player, goal oriented, flexible, self-motivated, cost conscious energetic,
positive attitude: achievement drive ! integrity I critical I Analytical and
conceptual thinking, diligent, and good interpersonal relationship to solve
problems in very efficient manner.
Organizational skills that demonstrate the ability to resolve conflicting priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment that expects the
highest level of customer service and ethical business behavior,
• Ability to understand and interact with diverse groups and operations.
• Understanding of key business objectives and work processes.
• Possess good Time Management and good at Multi-tasking
• Responsible and committed to Safety and Environment
• Effective communication skills in Spoken and Business English (verbal and
written) r both oral and written,
• Familiar in working with ERP software's
Familiar in working with ERP software's like People softjOraclejJD Edwards and
also should be well versed with Lotus Notes mailing system and MS office
programs, like MS word, MS Excel, PowerPoint etc"
• To ensure C&P (Capital & Operational Spare parts, Commodities, Equipment and
Overhaul/Reconditioning services related procurement) activities are performed
in compliance with Company Business principles and Group's HSSE policies.
• To develop and implement procurement strategies for MROjItemsjMinor Eqpt.
and Overhaul/Reconditioning services related procurement and ensuring
appropriate processes and systems are in place to ensure success.
• Undertake procurement activities required by the strategy to deliver the
requirement safely and timely from compiling RFQs / Tenders I handling
TQs/CQs j Commercial Evaluation, Preparing Approving Authority / Tender
Committee recommendations Order Award.
• Effectively handle post award order management and close out of Purchase
Orders including expediting I handling disputes and resolution of irregularities.
• Compile and manage all types of spare parts, commodities, equipment, items,
Overhauling / Reconditioning services requirement.
• Conduct Negotiations on Prices and other Commercial Terms & Conditions and
obtain best value for the Company.
• Coordinate the Logistics along wit