SOUS CHEF - Holiday Inn Salmiyah Kuwait
At InterContinental Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 3500 hotels, offering close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our vision: to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the world over.
As Sous Chef you will have to prepare and serve a range of banquet items which meet guests expectations while supervising junior members of the Kitchen Brigade.
â¢ Prepare, cook, serve and store dishes as required to menu
â¢ Provide direction to the Kitchen, including Chef de Parties, Commis, Cooks, Kitchen Attendants and Stewards
â¢ Prepare in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service
â¢ Clean and re-set working area
Do you have what it takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?
If so, make it happen and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of personal and professional opportunities exist.<br><br>QUALIFICATIONS:
1. International cuisine training or extensive cooking and production experience.
2. Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
3. Knowledge of training techniques.
4. Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment, including stoves, refrigeration,
slicer, knives, and dish machine.
5. A minimum of 3 years working in a food preparation position.
I. Professional communication skills, oral and written.
2. Actively supervises, motivates and disciplines employees.
3. Assists with hiring and training of all new employees.
4. Ability to work in a high-energy and demanding environment.
5. Organization and leadership skills.
6. Demonstrates strong leadership skills and is a team player.
7. Works well under pressure.
8. Can effectively solve problems.
9. Able to take direction.
10. A minimum of two years working in management.
11. Beverage responsibilities for a minimum of one year.