Executive Sous Chef- Dolce Chantilly - France
Executive Sous Chef- Dolce Chantilly - France
31 Oct 2017
The Executive sous Chef manages all Food & Beverage Kitchen Operations including Stewarding operations with an emphasis on maintaining hygienic standards and practices, team training, and overseeing the preparation and presentation of a consistent food product which exceed customer's expectations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, with all level of Associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by Associates and guests.
- Must be effective in handling tasks.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and Associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in the company's compliance training.
- Is conscious of his/her example role and maintain high standards of personal appearance and attitude.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
Be a representative of the brand's service culture.
- Set clear expectations by meeting daily with Production Management team to communicate daily issues.
- Promote a professional and disciplined work environment.
- Ensure all kitchen teams are aware of expectations in their roles and support/coach/lead & motivate them accordingly.
- Ensure proper scheduling of all kitchen Colleagues.
- Promote Healthy and Safe work practices at all times.
- Ensure all required assured safe catering requirements are met.
- Conduct daily walk through of hotel kitchens and accompanying areas to ensure proper cleanliness.
- Strive to improve all food preparations, presentations & menu selections.
- Ensure all VIP visits are handled and prioritized properly.
- Continually expand on our current food product to lead our Colleagues to the next level.
- Keep current on new trends in the market place.
- Manages all functions of the Food Production and Stewarding operations to achieve the optimum departmental profit.
- Manages all functions of the Food Production and Stewarding operations to achieve the optimum quality level of food production and sanitation.
- Oversees special events and special food promotions.
- Makes recipes and maintains up-dated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
- Develops new dishes and products.
- Takes steps to ensure that outstanding culinary technical skills are maintained.
- Maintains comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets and current trends and make appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly.
- Controls and analyses, on an on-going basis, the level of the following:
Issuing of food
Quality and presentation of food products
Condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment
- Develops with the Executive Chef popular menus offering guests value for money in accordance with WHG guidelines.
- Plans and organizes with the Food and Beverage Manager / Restaurants Manager successful Food and Beverage activities in the hotel and overseas.
- Attends and participates to other meetings as required by the administrative calendar.
- Keeps an up-dated Hotel Policies and Procedures file and up-dated files on the following Food Production matters:
Personnel and Training
Material and Equipment
- Be financially aware and responsible by achieve monthly labour and food cost budget, and minimize wastage/spoilage in all kitchen areas.
- Strive to ensure that projects are completed by assigned deadlines.
- Conduct spot checks of hotel suppliers and other companies that would like to supply the hotel.
- Conduct meeting with food suppliers, review products, prices, quality, delivery, etc.
- Maintain staffing guidelines, as to yearly budgets/business, hires, disciplines, terminates if required.
- Maintain storeroom par level and realize the importance of food turnovers.
- In conjunction with the Chief Steward, maintain the china, glassware and silver inventories.
- Sets Food Production and Stewarding goals and develops strategies, procedures and policies.
- Sets standards of all food and equipment purchases in accordance with local & Wyndham guidelines.
- To embody the Count on Me Service culture and ensure that this is at the core of all activities create an environment which is responsive, respectful and focuses on delivering a great experience to customers and colleagues alike.
FranÃ§ais courant exigÃ© ExpÃ©rience en banquet exigÃ© ExpÃ©rience sur un poste de sous chef de 3 ans minimum dans un Ã©tablissement de mÃªme catÃ©gorie L'Ã©tablissement n'est pas desservi par les transports en commun PossibilitÃ© de logement durant la pÃ©riode d'essai